Woodco’s Strategic Action Plan for the NZ forest and wood processing industry is to increase the volume of wood processed in New Zealand to add value to our forest product exports. The WoodScape study is the result of direct collaboration between the forest and wood products industry and the NZ Ministry for Primary Industries and NZ Trade and Enterprise.
Capitalising on a similar, large scale exercise undertaken in Canada and operating in partnership with Scion, FP Innovations Canada made their modelling tool available to evaluate wood processing investment opportunities in a New Zealand setting.
A summary of findings of the Woodscape report as well as the detailed study reports can be found on the Wood Council’s website
- The media release - 4 June 2013
- WoodScape Summary (plain English) - May 2013 (.pdf 361.58 Kb)
- Detailed study reports
- WoodScape Study - Summary Report, February 2013 (.pdf 5.26 Mb)
- WoodScape Study - Regional Wood Processing Options, February 2013 (.pdf 2.27 Mb)
- WoodScape Study - Technologies and Markets, February 2013 (.pdf 6.0Mb)
Scion in conjunction with Woodco is holding a series of workshops around the country to demonstrate how the WoodScape model may help forestry and wood processing business owners and investors make decisions around the future direction of their operation. Presentation of the model will include some results from the WoodScape study. Further information on venues and times is available here.